Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Tenth Edition
We offer two version of this book. There is the "normal" version which includes the book and access to some supplementary materials online There is also the "Premier" version which includes additional features and the full online class component (if used by your school).
Ask your instructor if you need the "Premier" version before you buy it.
The Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured Premier Package allows instructors to give students the tools they need to build a solid, knowledgeable foundation with market-leading medical content. Cutting-edge digital resources expand upon and reinforce this foundation, creating world-class EMTs.
Note: In order to access digital resources, a student must be enrolled in a course where the instructor is using the Navigate platform.
The Premier version includes the following items in addition to the softcover textbook:
- eBook/eWorkbook – putting the content of the Tenth Edition at students fingertips
- Course Management Tools (Course Manager) – a complete online classroom
- Practice Activities, including Audio Book – additional interactivities to reinforce concepts and engage students
- Assessment (TestPrep) – a dynamic resource to simulate certification exams
- Interactive Course Lectures – a safe environment for students to learn at their own pace
- Experiential Learning – take the virtual learning experience to a new level with Virtual Ride-Alongs
In 1971, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) published the first edition of Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured and created the backbone of EMS education. Now, the Tenth Edition of this gold standard training program raises the bar even higher with its world-class content and instructional resources that meet the diverse needs of today's educators and students.
Based on the new National EMS Education Standards, the Tenth Edition offers complete coverage of every competency statement with clarity and precision in a concise format that ensures student comprehension and encourages critical thinking. The experienced author team and AAOS medical editors have transformed the Education Standards into a training program that reflects current trends in prehospital medicine and best practices. New cognitive and didactic material is presented, along with new skills and features, to create a robust and innovative training solution for your course that will engage student's minds.